Updated September 21, 2017
The entire Campground is RESERVED Sunday, October 29.
The swing bridge on Mosquito Road is open. Don't forget the restrictions on trailers and large motor homes. They must use Rock Creek Road.
Due to recurrent Red Flag Days called by Cal Fire, CAMPFIRES at Finnon Lake campground are prohibited until further notice.
- The lake is open for fishing - catch and release only, no bait. Day Use fees apply.
- Finnon Lake Recreation Area is monitored by MVFA volunteers, the Mosquito Fire Protection District and the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department.
- With the new dam, and after the rain storms of 2017, Finnon Lake is now full and back to how it looked over 20 years ago.
- The Finnon Lake perimeter road is closed to motor vehicles except for emergency. For safety, driving off the main road and driving around barricades is prohibited. Violators are trespassing subject to arrest.
- For Camping information, click on the "Camping" button at top of page.
- Drop-in campers are welcome, but a campsite cannot be guaranteed without a reservation. There are 18 campsites at the campground.