Updated April 2, 2018
Frank's Diner at Finnon Lake is open! Frank also offers catering. The Patio and Pavilion are available for family events or club outings. Call (530)409-1977 or visit www.franksmosquitodiner.com for information.
The swing bridge on Mosquito Road is open. Don't forget the restrictions on trailers and motor homes. They must use Rock Creek Road.
There are no campfire restrictions on campfires within the fire rings.
- The lake is open for fishing - catch and release only, no bait. Day Use fees apply.
- Finnon Lake Recreation Area is monitored by MVFA volunteers, the Mosquito Fire Protection District and the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department.
- With the new dam, and after the rain storms of 2018, Finnon Lake is now full and back to how it looked over 20 years ago.
- The Finnon Lake perimeter road past the campground is closed to motor vehicles except for emergency. For the safety of hikers and our wildlife, driving vehicles off the main road and driving around barricades is prohibited. Violators are trespassing subject to arrest.
- For Camping information, click on the "Camping" button at top of page.
- Drop-in campers are welcome, but a campsite cannot be guaranteed without a paid reservation. There are 19 campsites at the campground.