Updated August 3, 2017
The entire Campground is RESERVED the dates of
August 4&5, August 11&12, September 8-11, September 15.
The swing bridge on Mosquito Road will be closed beginning August 14 and scheduled to re-open on September 15. During this period, Finnon Lake can be reached from Rock Creek Road, which is accessible from Hwy 193.
- The lake is open for fishing - catch and release only, no bait. Day Use fees apply.
- Finnon Lake Recreation Area is monitored by MVFA volunteers, the Mosquito Fire Protection District and the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department.
- With the new dam, and after the rain storms of 2017, Finnon Lake is now full and back to how it looked over 20 years ago.
- The Finnon Lake perimeter road is closed to motor vehicles except for emergency. For safety, driving off the main road and driving around barricades is prohibited. Violators are trespassing subject to arrest.
- For Camping information, click on the "Camping" button at top of page.
- Drop-in campers are welcome, but a campsite cannot be guaranteed without a reservation. There are 19 campsites at the campground.